All VFD's applying for state grants which include matching federal funds will need to certify that they have Adopted NIMS (National Incident Management System).
The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) is the designated repository for NIMS Adoption and Compliance certification records.
What is required for NIMS Adoption?
TDEM requires that a VFD submit ONE of the following documents in order to certify NIMS adoption:
What is required for NIMS Compliance ?
In order to comply with NIMS, VFD's must do the following:
- Formally adopt NIMS at the community level through proclamation, resolution, meeting minutes, or other written documentation.
- Manage all incidents using the Incident Command System (ICS) using organizational structures and procedures as defined by NIMS.
- Participate in interagency mutual aid agreements.
- Participate in all- hazard exercises based upon NIMS that involves first responders from multiple disciplines and multiple jurisdictions.
- Process VFD members through the training as shown on the NIMS Training Matrix.
ATTN: Sarah Green
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Department of Public Safety
Austin, Texas 78773-0220
Telephone: (512) 424-5059
Website: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/index.htm (click Here)
Additional information regarding NIMS training may be found on the NIMS homepage: