Precautions to take when you use welding equipment outdoors:
- Precautions to take when you use welding equipment outdoors:
- Remove vegetation from the work area.
- Where vegetation can’t be removed, use a sprayer to wet down the work area prior to starting welding operations. Wet a wider area on the down-wind side from the welding location. If working in the same area for an extended period, re-wet the vegetation surrounding the work site.
- Keep water handy.
- Have someone with you to spot any fires that sparks ignite so that they can be caught while small.
- Avoid parking vehicles in dry grass tall enough to touch the catalytic converter on the underside of your vehicle.